BALL MILL ALIGNMENT
Ball mills are rotary equipment with relatively high speed of operation commonly used at industry. In fact, due to this higher speed of rotation all the components: pinions, gears, main and auxiliary drives has to be set in a very precise way. Mutual, correct positioning of such elements guarantees their durable and long-term operation.
Even the equipment, which cause no problem with the operation, over time will show some higher or lower deviations in components position. Mainly due to: wear, vibration, support displacement etc. Frequent monitoring allow to detect even smallest misalignment at a very early stage. This preventive proceedings will reduce damages to the minimum.
BASIC ALIGNMENT TASKS:
Determining dynamic run-out at a gear station (axial and radial).
Specification of level of consumption of overlapping elements.
Specification of non-alignment deviations in a vertical and horizontal plane in relation to a specific reference line.
Proper placing of pinion(s) axis relative to the girth gear (drive wheel) - value of clearances between working teeth.
Alignment of clutch system, gears, gear boxes and drive motors regarding pinion's and mill axes.
Determining the level of displacement of supports over time.
BENEFITS OF PRECISE ALIGNMENT:
Higher durability of machinery operation
Cost-efficiency - cost of components exchanged
Lower number of unplanned standstills
Stopping the process of damages progression - non-aligned components have a negative impact on devices located in direct neighbourhood.
Decreasing vibrations - longer longevity of individual elements of machinery and devices.
MILL ALIGNMENT - FRAME SCOPE OF SERVICE
- Measurement of of mill main drive axis position in horizontal plane in relation to mill axis.
- Measurement of of mill main drive axis position in vertical plane in relation to mill axis.
- Measurement of auxiliary drive position in horizontal plane.
- Measurement of auxiliary drive position in vertical plane.
- Measurement of axial run-out of girth gear
- Measurement of radial run-out of girth gear
- Measurement of root clearance of girth gear
- Measurement of backlash parameter.
- Measurement of temperature profile of pinion teeht.
- Measurement of pinion axis position in horizontal plane
- Measurement of pinion axis position in vertical plane.
- Measurement of base frame inclination (foundation axial slope).
- Measurement of settlement of support foundation.
- Measurement of shell profile of mill body.
- Calculations of axial deviations in horizontal and vertical plane.
- Preparation of optimal version of adjustment program and schedule.
- Supervision over adjustment procedure carried out by technicians of the Cement Plant (if necessary).
- Control survey after adjustment.
- Preparation of shell polar diagrams.
- Preparation of completed report of measurements and adjustments
- Preparation of recommendations for future preventive maintenance actions, routines, necessary repairs and replacements.
- Presentation and submission of the report to the Customer.
INSPECTION OF ROTARY KILNS
Hot kiln alignment - the main area of our actions shall be to conduct mechanical inspection and to specify activities (measurements, exchanges, repairs, modifications, etc.) which should be performed to attain and maintain high effectiveness of the rotary kiln's operation.
We hold a specialist hardware and software used for professional measurements. Application of relevant tools allows for effective diagnosis and monitoring of machinery and equipment operation.
We developed high precision measurement systems to allow to monitor current status of equipment and to plan maintenance activities. Hence, malfunctions and breakdowns can be reduced both in respect of their intensity and frequency.
INDUSTRIAL MEASUREMENTS AND CONTROL
We provide a wide scope of measurement services addressed to many industry branches. Highly precise measurements are the starting point for analyses and regulations supporting the work of machinery and equipment.